Anyways i have jotted down some reasons (believe me these are very few) for having a website. The reasons are:
1. What is the purpose of your web site? For example:
The site is the vehicle that attracts the right prospects to your company. It should intuitively guide them to the pages that interest them the most and entice them to engage with you on a more meaningful level at some point during that first visit. This means have a great UX (user experience) design.Your site is a tour visitors can take of your firm, but it is a self-guided tour, and visitors will probably not follow the path that you expect. Different kinds of websites have different purposes depending on who the intended audience is. Some websites are geared towards selling products and other websites are geared towards providing practical information, while others are merely for entertainment. Let’s take a look at some of the different types of websites that are out there.
2. Here are some common reasons for building a site. Rank them in order of importance to you. Do you have a reason that is not listed?
3. What are your goals in having a site? List both short term and long-term goals. Define the criteria that will determine if the web site is a success.
4. Write a short description of your business. Clearly and concisely describe what you offer, to whom you offer it and why they should choose you. What does your company do? What are the features of your products and/or services? Is the company local, regional, national or international? What areas do you want to specifically appeal to?
A business description is just one key element of a full business plan. This section commonly comes directly after the executive summary in your business plan outline. The length of a common business description ranges from a few paragraphs to several pages.
5. Who is your target market? Be specific. This will help you determine which site style will appeal to most of your visitors.
A target market is a group of customers a business has decided to aim its marketing efforts and ultimately its merchandise towards. A well-defined target market is the first element of a marketing strategy. Product, price, promotion, and place are the four elements of a marketing mix strategy that determine the success of a product or service in the marketplace. It is proven that businesses must have a clear definition of their target market as this can help reach its target consumers and analyze what their needs and suitability are.
6. What is your marketing battle plan? Circle any of the following terms that apply to your vision of your site. Do you have design elements in mind that portray these terms to you and your visitors?
Informative, Lucrative, Attractive, Serene, Honest, Mature, Family, Scholarly, Educational, Useful, Popular, Clean, Colorful, Whimsical, Humorous, Serious, Profitable, Unusual, Cozy, Clear-Cut, Warm / Fuzzy, Warm, Supportive, Innovative, Fast - Moving.
7. What is the most important message you wish to convey to your visitors?
Your business solves a problem and creates value for your target audience. But, first-time visitors don’t know that yet, and they are quick to judge. Tony Haile, CEO of Chartbeat, says an average reader will stay on your page for just 15 seconds. This is a very small window for you to convince them that your product/service meets their needs. Website aesthetics are important and should not be ignored, but tweaking website design elements to increase clicks will go only so far. A green or red CTA button won’t make a difference if people don’t understand in those first moments how your business creates value for them. This article will look at the components of successful website messaging and how you can apply (and test) on your website to bring in more leads for your business. To demonstrate just how powerful the correct messaging can be, I will provide A/B test results of changes in just a few lines of text on our website that boosted conversions by up to 27.3%.
8. If you want an E-commerce site, what type of e-commerce solution do you require?
9. List all of the methods for payment options you will accept.
10. Do your customers have buying seasons? Does the site need to be changed for each season? What will you do to entice shoppers in the off seasons?
A huge percentage of the customers you gain during the best period for new customer acquisition are not buying for themselves. To some people, this isn’t news. A few other people just spat out their coffee. All your best laid plans for post-purchase campaigns to monitor satisfaction, ensure product adoption and usage, or cross-promote complementary products and services, are completely wasted on the man who just bought pajamas for his mom on your lingerie website!
11. Do you have a brick and mortar or other off-web location or contact point (like a mail order catalog)? How do you see the web site and off-line business working together? How will you integrate the web site into the business on a daily basis?
12. Who are your competitors? List some of your competitors web site URLs.
Knowing who your competitors are, and what they are offering, can help you to make your products, services and marketing stand out. It will enable you to set your prices competitively and help you to respond to rival marketing campaigns with your own initiatives. All businesses face competition. Even if you're the only restaurant in town you must compete with cinemas, bars and other businesses where your customers will spend their money instead of with you. With increased use of the Internet to buy goods and services and to find places to go, you are no longer just competing with your immediate neighbours. Indeed, you could find yourself competing with businesses from other countries.
13. What do you like about your competitors websites? What do you dislike?
Many aspects of a website redesign shouldn’t be up to your opinion. After all, you want to meet the needs of your target audience, right? Specific colors, frequency of blog posts, and placement of calls-to-action are targeted marketing tools that need to abide by the best practices of current marketing science. However, some things are up for your discretion. And that can be a very powerful feeling… but only if you know what you like. Instead of making decisions based on a general theory of what you like and don’t like in website design, take a look at your competitor’s website to see it in real life and register your initial reaction.
14. What makes you better than your competition? Why should someone use your site or purchase from you instead of them? What unique content do you provide that other sites do not? How can you add value to your products and services?
15. What will be the domain name for your website?
If you do not already have a domain name, be sure to choose one with your most important keyword in the URL. Your domain name should be easily identifiable and easy to explain over the phone and print on a business card.
16. Have you thought of a slogan or catch phrase for your business?
This is what a company wants to achieve or become. A vision is a seeing term. Therefore a vision statement should be future-oriented. It’s an image of what a company wants to create. It's not what a company is, it’s what it wants to become. While mission statements among similar businesses may be very similar, vision statements should be genuinely different. It should inspire and motivate decision-making.
17. Do you have a Logo? This is important for branding purposes. Do you have company colors? Your company logo and colors as well as the website URL and your slogan should be used on every bit of information relating to your company.
Design a best logo which defines selected business name. There are lots of online softwares or websites available who creates logo free. Logo and the color combination should be the user freindly and looking like simple. Most probably website work flow depends on these things. Viewers must feel free to use website and spend more time on it.
18. A well laid out site has no more than 6 to 8 topic links to interior pages on the main page. The following are typical pages and included information. Cross off anything you feel does not fit your vision of your site.
19. How can your visitor contact you? How to you plan to encourage feedback? Do you want to use a survey form to gather information from your customers or visitors? If so what questions would you like to ask and can you offer something in return for filling out the form (a free report, discount, etc.)?
It's very important to get visitor's attention at a every single point into the website. They became tired by reading only the text. They need some options to selecting, some report generation, in short they needs some activity to do instead of sitting idle and simply reading. These features are helpful for making visitor active in short period of time. There is the option of advertisement with different movable graphics which generates in a time schedule.
20. Do you have an existing web site? What do you like about it? What do you dislike?
You have to work on your website's week point and you should know each and every breakpoints on that. Because these factors can effact directly the image of the business. Some of the compatitors are waiting for this kind of mistakes, and based on that they can start better service against you. Make sure that the contents and the images are unique for your website only. You can also make copy right on it and can give a option for do not copy.
21. List any related web sites that provide services or information useful to your target audience. Reciprocal links with these sites will be beneficial to both your customers and your ranking in the search engine.
Same service providers related to your business are the compatitors on your. You should have to make a list of them and chek their activity regulerly. All visitors or internet users are waiting for the best offers to use the services. You have to target the audience actual needs and the method of website use. If you have small scale industry then you can link your website to the website whose having a higher visitor's trafic. It would be beneficial for the website ranking as well.
22. Do you need domain registration and/or an ISP to host the site? What level of hosting will be required? What is your budget for the completion of the web site and yearly maintenance?
If you do not already have a domain name, be sure to choose one with your most important keyword in the URL. Check international domain booking websites weather your domain name has been taken by another company. Your domain name should be easily identifiable and easy to explain over the phone and print on a business card. Domain name must be easy in pronunciation to remember by global audience. After domain name selection there will be a hosting step. You should select a best ISP server to address your website. The server should be as fact as access globaly and also maintain easily.
23. Do you have any custom graphic needs or will you be able to supply all of the images required?
It's necessary to apply more graphics onto the web page. Graphics attracts audience instead of text. You should give security to the images for copyrights, Your image should be unique globaly. You can not use some one else's images or content. Graphics is more understanding factor for the local public who are not using internet regulerly. And also it will creates a betetr repo of the concept which you want to explaining into a specific postion onto the website.
24. What types of components other than still photos and text do you want to include? What type of opt-in mail gathering do you want to use?
There are so many factors you can include with your website as follows :
25. What type of security is required for the web site? Will there be sensitive files that need to be protected? Do you need a password protected area for dealers, members and / or downloads? Do you need any digital delivery systems to individually password protect each customers download?
There are lot of security factors available for the website to protect it's contents from the anuthorised access. You should be alert for any kind of hacking or server damage. If the content is important to the process of business you shold make it safe from any of unwanted actvities. Compatitors are always trying to access or copy content from your website. You should have to make the process that prevents this types of unauthorised activities.
26. Please list and gather any existing materials and information that will help design your site. Here are some examples. Feel free to add any special needs or components required that are not listed.
27. By now, you should have a clear picture of your website and your customers in mind. Please indicate your top 10 keywords and your top 10 keyword phrases. These keywords and phrases are the words search engines may use to locate your site in response to an inquiry. To rank well with search engines, your site should contain quality content using the actual words and phrases your prospects are searching with. These keywords will need to be used in the text of your pages, so it is important to select them carefully.
Every web page contents some important keywords related to that specific business. Those are necessary to submit at different search engines. Search engines are common median for the audience to search the anything. public searches different thing at the search engine which is related to your sumitted keywords. It will rank your website at the position where your keywords are actual take place.